UPDATED: 13:56, 22/03 – As of 25th March 2020, Emirates will suspend its entire passenger operation. See the new post please
Emirates – like most other airlines are extending their suspensions of service as countries put up barriers to entry in an effort to defeat Covid-19/Coronavirus/Human Malware.
Below is the current list of destinations that Emirates have suspended services to as of 21st March. Note, some services are running, but are due to be suspended shortly. Check the Emirates page for the actual dates
Routes that have suspension in place until 28th March
Routes that have suspensions in place until 31st March
Routes that have suspensions in place until 30th April
- Kuwait City
Routes that have suspensions in place until 19th/20th May
- Abidjan (via Accra)
- Bangkok–Hong Kong
- Dakar (via Conakry)
- Buenos Aires (via Rio de Janeiro)
- Harare (via Lusaka)
- Istanbul (IST)
- Istanbul (SAW)
- Malta (via Larnaca)
- Melbourne (via Singapore)
- Mexico City (via Barcelona)
- New York EWR (via Athens)
- New York JFK (via Milan)
- Rio de Janeiro
- Santiago (via Rio de Janeiro)
Routes that have suspensions in place until 30th June
- Auckland (via Bali)
- Christchurch (via Sydney)
- Colombo (via Male)
- Fort Lauderdale
- Ho Chi Minh
- London Stansted
- Phnom Penh (via Bangkok)
- Saint Petersburg
- San Francisco
Routes that have been suspended until further notice
- New York EWR
- New York JFK
Routes that have government controls applied
- Dubai–Colombo From 19 March – 25 March. During this time, passengers can only travel from Colombo to Dubai as directed by Sri Lankan authorities.
- Dubai–Hanoi From 18 March – 22 March. During this time, passengers can only travel from Hanoi to Dubai as directed by Vietnamese authorities.
- Dubai–Ho Chi Minh From 18 March – 24 March. During this time, passengers can only travel from Ho Chi Minh to Dubai as directed by Vietnamese authorities.
- Dubai–Mauritius From 20 March – 2 April. During this time, passengers can only travel from Mauritius to Dubai as directed by Mauritian authorities.
For particualr routes, check the Emirates page at have their route updates.
For those impacted, Emirates is offering Rebooking is permitted within the ticket validity without fee, applicable fare difference if any may apply or a travel voucher for ticket value with a validity of 12 months from date of issue.
Full details again at https://www.emirates.com/uk/english/help/travel-updates/#3515
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.