It’s been another week of social distancing, coffee and restaurants closing down and of course, a lot of route suspensions.
Welcome to another week on Economy Class and Beyond.
Parking and Suspensions
- The cuts sink deep – IAG, Air France-KLM Group and Ryanair prepare to park a lot of their fleets – 75% to 80% of their fleets are parked up
- Three airlines of Lufthansa group stop operations – Air Dollomiti, Austrian Airlines and Brussels Airlines park their fleets
- Lufthansa Group to park 700 aircraft – Leaving 63 frames flying
Survival of the weakest
- Alitalia to be nationalised – When the world finally collapses, two thing will be left. Cockroaches and Alitalia.
- Singapore Airlines cuts capacity by half – More deep cuts in the network
- Qantas and Jetstar to suspend all international operations – Qantas Group suspends all international flying
- South African Airways suspends all international services – As does South African Airlines – leaving them with one route.
- Emirates extends its route suspensions – And its a lonnnngg list
- United Airlines drops its International network, then re-instates part of it.
- UK Rail network to experience reductions
- Eurostar reduces connections to Paris
The term “uncharted territory” comes to mind. We’ll find out what’s ahead of us on the day.
In the mean time – please wash your hands and stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.