Another week has passed and as we all attempt to find some normality in the world, it’s time to take a brief look back at the week in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
- UK Arrival Quarantine goes live – And the UK goes through with its useless three-week exercise, quarantining arrivals into the country. Except if you’re one of 40 exceptions
- Travel Technology: Apple iPhone SE (2020 Edition) – As stolen by at least 9 other sites, what does the iPhone SE 2020 hold for consumers?
The Business of Aviation
- Cathay Pacific gets bailed out by the Hong Kong government -as the Hong Kong government takes 6.1% ownership of Cathay Pacific
- United Airlines adds health screening questions to check-in – as well as security questions, you now have to complete health screening questions before you can check-in for your flight with United
- No Mask, No Ride: Uber requires passengers to wear face coverings in the UK – Also, Ola have implemented this too. Coverage on that later…
- British Airways updates its meal services – Bento boxes ahoy!
- US Department of Transportation to distribute face coverings – 100 million face coverings on their way
- British Airways finally reacts – extends Executive Club status – Well, that’s taken more than long enough.
- A National Disgrace – British Airways https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-53027776
- BelugaXL 3 exits the paint shop https://twitter.com/Airbus/status/1271061495300882432?s=20
Whilst recovery continues to be a theme, public health needs still need to be looked at. We’ll be keeping an eye open as the world continues to start flying again… and how they’re doing it safely.
Until then – stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.