It’s that time of the week again, where I take a look back at the ups and downs of the Aviation world. Yes, it’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
The Starman himself – David Bowie. Art by Annatomix.
The Saga of the Boeing 737 MAX
- Boeing and the FAA start 737 MAX certification flights – This was written after the first flight was completed. Now all flights have been completed. It’ll be interesting to see what the FAA say…
- Emirates tacks on four more destinations to its network, Restarts Premium facilities – Good news if you like Chauffeur services, a lounge in Dubai and four other network destinations
- Finnair to reopen Schengen lounge along with passenger experience changes – Finnair opens up a lounge, as well as making on-board catering changes.
- American Airlines suspends further international routes, sets restart seasons for others – Lots of routes delayed for the American Airlines network restart as well as a mile-long list of cancellations.
- Iberia pushes its Domestic and European network restart – Iberia starts its network restart, concentrating in Europe and within Spain.
- British Airways primes its long-haul network – To Fly, To Restart. Europe, as well as some long-haul destinations, are returning.
- Air France to cut 7,500 jobs – Ouch.
- The European Union begins to reopen its borders… but some countries are not welcome yet… – No guesses where…
- UK Government sets out its lists of travel corridors and countries that you can travel to – The UK finally abandons its policy of quarantining everyone. Instead, there are two lists to memorise. You will be tested later…
Buses and Trains
- FlixBus joins the battle for Intercity coach travel in the UK – A new challenger emerges in the long-distance coach market in the UK.
- Grand Central prepares to restart services – Signs of life in the open-access rail market, with the majority of the UK network due to return to full operation on Monday.
Curve Back online.
- Curve comes back online – Curve has come back online after a 60-hour downtime thanks to the issues at Wirecard.
- Qatar Airways mandates face shields for economy class passengers.
- American Airlines prepares to move to Heathrow Terminal 5
- British Airways reopens its lounges
- Easyet consults on closing bases
- British Airways Boeing 787-10 arrives… well two of them.
Please stand by for a mini-announcement. I’ll be slimming down the posts next week for reasons which will be explained in a no-comments allowed post.
Until then – please stay safe out there.
AND WEAR A FACE COVERING WHEN IN PUBLIC.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.