Brussels Airlines is being a little less surreal with its pricing policy, as it brings its fare products in line with its parent – Lufthansa Group.
This will replace the existing fare structure of:
- Check & Go
- Light & Relax
- Flex & Fast
- Bizz & Class
There will be five fare products replacing this existing fare structure. They are:
- Economy Light: A bare-bones fare, with 1 x 8kg Hand luggage only.
- Economy Classic: The standard fare for classic comforts, with 1 piece of 23 kg checked baggage and with 1 x 8kg Hand luggage.
- Economy Flex: Flexible fare with a free change of reservation, as plans can change, with 1 piece of 23 kg checked baggage and with 1 x 8kg Hand luggage.
- Business Saver: Business Class seat with restrictions, with 2 pieces of 32kg luggage and 2 x 8kg hand luggage
- Business Flex: Full-flexibility Business Class fare, with 2 pieces of 32kg luggage and 2 x 8kg hand luggage
A full break down of what you get with each fare is below (data from https://www.brusselsairlines.com/en-be/practical-information/travel-info/on-board/travel-classes/travel-classes-europe.aspx).
The new fare structure goes live on the 18th of August for flights from 1st of September. Any ticket purchased before 18th of August for flights after 1st of September will move to the new products as appropriate. These new fares will also apply for its European, North Africa and Tel Aviv flights.
As for the fares, Brussels Airlines will now offer a fare grouping akin to what other Lufthansa Group airlines offer.
Check before you book
As usual, when booking tickets (especially at the lowest rate), check you’re buying the right ticket for your needs (in terms of baggage, reservations and so on).
In many respects, the addition of a fifth fare adds a “Business restricted fare” – which some might find appealing to reduce costs.
Of course, in these uncertain times, you may want a little more flexibility…
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.