It’s that time of the week where we go over the ashes of yet another week. It’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
- UK Government reveals its “Green List” – 12 whole countries. Count them out.
Routes and Networks
- Delta to offer three routes to Iceland – Three routes to the land of Ice and Fire
- Eurowings prepares its Berlin Hub – Three Aircraft makes a base
New Aircraft News
- Lufthansa to add 10 new Long haul aircraft to its long-haul fleet – Enter the Boeing 787 – Those 787s are arriving early… to put it bluntly.
Business of Aviation
- Swiss to make further cuts, with aircraft and staff going – 15 aircraft to be cut, along with 780 roles.
- Schiphol introduces new security scanners… with no need to remove electronics or liquids! – All hail our CT Scanner overlords.
- East Midlands Railway to roll out its new Electric Train fleet – The Class 360s prepare to roll out in their new home.
- Disruptions on the Great Western and LNER routes as trains are taken out of service – Cracked bogies are not a good thing in the world.
If there aren’t a mass of new operations to Portugal, Iceland and Israel next week, I’ll honestly be surprised.
The fallout of this week will continue and I’ll be keeping an eye on it, as well as your regular mix of routes, passenger experience and other things that I find interesting.
Stay safe out there!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.