It’s Sunday again, so it must be time for me to naval gaze and look back. Yes, It’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Long Read of the Week
- The long road to TAP Miles&Go status match – I got a status match. How hard was it? How long did I have to wait? And was it worth it?
Routes and Networks
- Delta to fly New York to Dubrovnik, Croatia – Another route for vaccinated travellers
- British Airways adds capacity by the planeload to summer sun destinations – and there is a load of capacity added
- BA Cityflyer to add two routes to Guernsey – London City – Guernsey – Edinburgh and back anyone?
- SWISS to resume operations to London City Airport – Twice a week between Zurich and London City
- Wizz Air to open Rome base, with 32 routes announced – 4 A321neo aircraft to be based at Rome Fiumicino
- Updated UK Red List now Live – Turkey, Maldives and Nepal added – Three more countries added
- Portugal to open up to visitors from the UK on the 17th May – Alternative headline: Tourists from the UK forget to check if a country is open to them, yet book tickets and holidays and are surprised to find it isn’t open to them straight away.
- Turkish Airlines re-introduce onboard chef – Onboard chef to elevate your inflight taste buds… for flights over 8 hours long in business class
- American Airlines introduce new amenity kit bags – Well, they could have been better.
- GWR and LNER continue to suffer cancellations and delays due to trains being checked – With work in progress to resolve there are still delays. We’ll be diving into this a bit later next week.
With the first Green List countries going live, there’s plenty to discuss about the NHS App, as well as some of the upcoming changes.
That, and we’ll have our usual mix of routes, networks and passenger experience. And maybe some trains too.
Until then, stay safe out there.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.