It’s the end of a rather turbulent week in the world of travel. Let’s look back in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
UK Green List Changes and fallout
- UK Green List Changes: Portugal demoted to Amber, Seven Countries move to Red – With Portugal moving to the Amber List and seven countries moving to the Red List, the UK Government shows it is prepared to act, whilst acting with questionable actions.
- Who is annoyed at the Green List Change? Well, easyJet for a start – And nearly every other airline
- easyJet adds extra capacity to get people back from Portugal – Extra seats back from Portgual to get customers home before Portugal is moved into the Amber list
EU Travel Certificate
- EU Digital COVID Certificate goes live, with 7 countries initially taking part – For those in the EU, travel is slowly restarting
- Lufthansa reopens its First Class Lounge at Frankfurt Airport – First Class Terminal “Soon”
- Frankfurt Airport Terminal 2 set to reopen – Most non Star Alliance airlines are moving back to Terminal 2
Emirates Routes and Networks
- Emirates to increase services to Italy – Venice to rejoin the network amongst other boosts
- Emirates to launch Miami service in July – Emirates 12th US destination is confirmed
Stuff I didn’t cover
United Airlines signs with Boom for Supersonic aircraft – Others are covering this in better detail such as The Air Current
It’s going to be a tough week ahead next week as airlines and consumers are struggling to understand the logic the UK government is working under.
We will be here as always, covering the changes you need to know, as well as the latest in passenger experience, network news and whatever else that I think is more than a little interesting.
Until then – stay safe out there.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.