With France reopening its borders, Air France is expanding its capacity between the United States of America and France.
Air France will offer service to Paris-Charles de Gaulle during the 2021 summer season from 12 US cities: Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Houston, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis, New York, San Francisco and Washington D.C.
Planned operates include:
- New York-JFK: three daily flights by Boeing 777-300ER
- Los Angeles: two daily flights by Boeing 777-300ER
- Boston: daily service in Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Miami: daily service in Airbus A350-900
- San Francisco: daily service in Boeing 777-300ER
- Washington DC-IAD: daily service in Boeing 777-300ER
- Atlanta: twelve weekly flights by Airbus A350-900
- Chicago: five weekly flights by Boeing 777-300ER
- Detroit: five weekly flights by Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Houston: five weekly flights by Boeing 777-300ER
- Denver (new): three weekly flights from July 2 by Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
- Minneapolis: three weekly flights by Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner
Air France also offers a service from Los Angeles to French Polynesia. Services will run in conjunction with its transatlantic partner Delta Air Lines. The new routes include the planned Denver route that was announced before restrictions were lifted.
As usual, Air France can offer onwards connectivity to the rest of Europe through its hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle.
Check before you travel
Whilst France may be open to US visitor, other parts of Europe may have quarantine restrictions or entry requirements. Air France has provided a tool for you to help you out on what entry requirements and documents are required for entry at airfrance.traveldoc.aero.
In addition, for those who need COVID-19 tests, SkyTeam have a site that can direct you to testing centres as needed at https://skyteam.trustassure.app/
Air France currently offers fully modifiable tickets for all bookings until December 21, 2021. You can change your reservation at no cost, or obtain a refundable credit voucher if they no longer wish to travel. If the flight is cancelled by the airline, the customer can choose to postpone their trip, request a full ticket refund or receive a credit voucher, which is also refundable if not used.
Stéphane Ormand, Vice President and General Manager, USA said
“Americans are eager to resume leisure travel, and are excited by the reopening of France. Air France is pleased to provide passengers the opportunity to benefit from our commitment to exceptional service and the health and safety of everyone on board,”
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.