It’s that time of the week again, where I look back at some of the things I’ve done and written about.
Yes, It’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Economy Class and Beyond at Recaro Aircraft Seating
Yes, we were out and about for the first time in a year, as guests of Recaro Aircraft Seating. Here’s the first batch of writing from our trip – and we have plenty more in the works.
- Recaro Aircraft Seating opens their new facility at Schwaebisch Hall – We take a look at Recaro’s Aircraft Seating new Customer facility at their German HQ.
- Qatar Airways to launch the New Recaro CL3810 long haul economy seat – The new CL3810 seat could be setting the standard in the long haul economy. We’ll take a look into this next week.
Travel Restriction Changes
- UK Government to attempts to simplify inbound travel into the United Kingdom – A lot of good news, but regional executives are making different decisions – a lot to read into. Although it does feel like the horse has long bolted as we lock the gate up.
Routes and Networks
- Ryanair adds six routes from Birmingham Airport – Six more routes out of Birmingham Airport.
- Heathrow Airport passenger traffic continues to suffer – Traffic is still an issue at Heathrow – no matter how busy it seems
- Finnair continues its network ramp-up in Asia, North America and Europe – Expansions across the Finnair network.
- Emirates to deploy the Airbus A380 on its Dubai – Istanbul route – More routes are slowly demanding A380 service.
- British Airways adds two summer Azores destinations for 2022 – Two new weekly services out of Heathrow.
- Eurowings to open a new base in Stockholm – Eurowings continues its expansion, whilst treading on a competitor’s feet
- SWISS teams up with Too Good To Go to reduce food waste onboard – 1/3 off inflight food? There are a few catches though…
- Aeroflot signs with Panasonic for eX3 upgrade for the 777 fleet – Expanded entertainment for those aboard Aeroflot Boeing 777 aircraft.
New Aircraft News
- Breeze Airways formalise A220-300 follow on order – 20 more Airbus A220-300 joining Breeze.
After a fun weekend away, it’s back to the grindstone next week. But we have a lot in the backlog, starting with the Snapshots whilst I try to wrangle the trip report together.
In addition, I have plenty of thoughts on testing and other things, as well as more coverage from our trip to Recaro.
As well that, we’ll have our usual mixture of routes and networks, passenger experience news and updates on travel restrictions.
Until then, stay safe out there!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.