It’s been an interesting week – to say the least – but it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Travel Restriction Changes
- UK “Reduced” Red List in Effect – Changes to travel rules live – The red list drops to just seven countries. You’ll need to meet the testing and vaccination requirements.
- UK to remove Day 2 PCR testing requirement from 24th October – Although you won’t need to use PCR tests and can use Lateral Flow tests instead
- The USA sets 8th November as the magic date – But there are still many questions to answer before the USA opens up.
- Qatar Airways amenity kits go pink for Breast Cancer Awareness – Think Pink.
- Porter Airlines to introduce its own beer – Beer me.
- Wizz Air fly their first A321neo with Recaro SL3710 seating – The SL3710 gains another customer as it takes to the air with Wizz.
New Aircraft News
- ANA takes delivery of its last Airbus A380 – Not many more to go for the A380, sadly
- To fly, to holiday – British Airways Sale now on – With the USA opening, its the perfect time for a sale
The pipeline is doing something odd – it’s filling up with content! I know, I’m in shock too. On top of the stuff in the pipeline, we’ll be looking at the latest news, routes and networks and other things that grab my intrest.
Apart from ITA, the “new” Italian airline. That didn’t.
Until then, stay safe out there!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.