Well, here we are again. Another change in travel rules has gone live for those of you who want to visit the United Kingdom.
Let’s go over time one more time – before Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson decides he wants to play tiddlywinks at Pepper Pig World again.
Coming to the UK?
It might be worth checking if the UK accepts your vaccination status using this tool which tells vaccines are approved and the list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination first.
- For Vaccinated Travellers, you will need to book a PCR test before travel. Bookings for Lateral Flow Tests will no longer be accepted
- You will need to complete a Passenger Locator Form – this is located at https://provide-journey-contact-details.homeoffice.gov.uk/passengerLocatorFormUserAccountHolderQuestion
- You will need to Self-Isolate for at least two days after arrival
- You will need to take your booked PCR Test on Day 2 after arrival.
- Only when your negative result is confirmed will you be able to end self-isolation
Unvaccinated/Partially Vaccinated/Travellers from unrecognised authorities
It might be worth checking if the UK accepts your vaccination status using this tool which tells vaccines are approved and the list of countries and territories with approved proof of vaccination.
Before you travel to England you must:
- take a COVID-19 test – to be taken in the 3 days before you travel to England
- book and pay for day 2 and day 8 COVID-19 PCR tests – to be taken after arrival in England
- complete a passenger locator form – to be completed in the 48 hours before you arrive in England
After you arrive in England you must:
- quarantine at home or in the place you are staying for 10 full days
- take your COVID-19 PCR tests – you must book these tests before you travel.
Red List Countries
The current red list is at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-list-of-countries-and-territories
- Non-UK and Irish residents who have been in red countries in the previous 10 days will be refused entry into England. This does not apply to those who have stayed airside and only transited through any of these countries while changing flights.
- Take a COVID-19 test – you must take the test in the 3 days before you travel to England
- book a quarantine hotel package, including 2 COVID-19 tests
- complete a passenger locator form
You must do this even if you are fully vaccinated.
Where is the full guidance?
The full guidance is at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
Face covering requirements in England from 30th November too
For those who put away their face coverings, it’s time to dig them out again. The requirement to wear face coverings on public transport (buses, coaches and trains) and in shops has been reintroduced on the 30th November.
Pubs and Restaurants will be exempt from this.
What about the regions?
Guidance for the regions is below:
Check if there are any major differences – they shouldn’t be, but there may be some slight variations.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.