As Birmingham celebrates the arrival of the 2022 Commonwealth Games, things continue in the real world. Welcome to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
The star of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games opening Ceremony – The Rampaging Bull, now tamed and on display in Centenary Square.
One more snapshot from this go, with the trip report for my Helsinki Trip in full production.
Hamburg Trip Report
We’re past the halfway point on this trip report (and I’ve been working on this in the background to get it near finished). We’ll hopefully wrap this next week…
- Back in Person – Into Germany and The IBIS Hotel
- What you might have missed from the show
- What do I get up to on the off-hours? (or “Do you have a life?”)
Routes and Networks
- Emirates deploys extra capacity to London Gatwick – for a limited time only
- Emirates to double its Dubai – Tel Aviv service – But before you leave, let me show you Tel Aviv
- easyJet to expand its Lisbon base – Three aircraft and 21 routes inbound
- Air France to return to Newark Liberty International Airport – 18th North America destination for the airline
New Aircraft News
- Condor taps Airbus for short to medium haul fleet renewal – Wasn’t there an airshow last week?
- Jetstar takes delivery of its first A321neo – The neo goes down-under
- Ethiopian Airlines orders a Supersized Jet: A350-1000s inbound – Supersized aircraft for Ethiopian Airlines
Aircraft Interiors Expo
- ATR show off their new concept seat – Business Class or a Corporate shuttle offering in a quick-change ATR? Maybe.
- Examining Collins Aerospace AirLounge – Can it deliver? – There’s a lot more than meets the eye with AirLounge
- Examining the Butterfly Seat – Progression on a Design – I take a deep dive into the Butterfly seat
We’re full into strike season. Expect more disruption.
- Hitting more buffers: National Rail Strike (27th July)
- Lufthansa and Ver.di at loggerheads – Strike Action today
Birmingham is still going to be busy with the Commonwealth Games in town – who knows, I might try to get to a few events. But in the meantime, we’re hitting summer, as we head into the wild headlines it normally brings, as well as the coverage this season brings.
But we’ve got a few other things going on in the background too.
Until next week, stay safe out there!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world