Tervehdys taas Helsingistä (Or Greetings from Helsinki again), where I appear to be in the middle of a classic Tier Point run.
But things continue as usual, as it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Helsinki Cathedral, Senate Square.
- Manchester Airport pledges a crackdown on parking beyond the airport – I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Emirates to update its passenger experience offerings – Lots of first class fluff, but big news on their Premium Economy Product.
- Schiphol takes responsibility for its queues as it prepares to launch a compensation scheme –
Routes and networks
- Emirates to boost flights to Mauritius with a third daily seasonal flight – Additional A380 coverage for the winter season
Rail Strikes and timetable changes
- Not so Avanti my son – Restricted timetable planned for West Coast Intercity services – let us operate the barest possible timetable possible so that we can get away with
- UK Train Drivers strike – Saturday 13th August – Hope you’re not caught in this hot mess…
Trip Report – Feeling Finnair
Whilst I’m down-route in Finland, I suppose I’d better start with how we got here in the first place.
- To Helsinki on a bargain airfare
- 3am. Digbeth Coach Station. We know the drill by now…
- SNAPSHOT: Finnair 1337 Helsinki to London Heathrow (A330/Business Class)
I’m back home from this short trip and busy writing up the passenger experience, as well as writing things that amuse me. On top of that, we’ll be keeping an eye on all the usual things that we do on this blog
Until then, happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.