It’s that time of the week to assemble links, make them into some sort of sense and added witty commentary.
Yes, it is Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
It’s Remembrance Weekend in the United Kingdom this weekend, with Remembrance Day yesterday and Remembrance Sunday tomorrow, where the nation comes together to remember those who have fallen in conflict.
Also, if you’ve left comments in certain articles recently in certain articles, you may have found your comment is awaiting moderation or has been removed. This is as good a time to remind people that comment sections in any blogs are not democracies – they’re managed dictatorships.
TRIP REPORT: Fall fun in the Windy City
Time for three segments from this trip report this week. There will be a lot more next week, as it seems that I’ve only got two more segments to actually “write” over the next few days.
- Cathay Pacific Lounge, Heathrow Terminal 3
- American Airlines AA99 London to Chicago (Main Cabin Extra)
- Into the USA and the Avid Hotel, Chicago O’Hare
- Lufthansa Group selects Recaro CL3710 and C3810 for long-haul economy class seating – and a good choice too, if recent experiences are anything to go by.
- Austrian Airlines to offer pre-ordering of short-haul food options – Pre-Order now, pay on board.
New Aircraft News
- Emirates to add five 777 freighters to its fleet – More 777 freighters on the way for Emirates SkyCargo.
- Skymark Airlines of Japan to add up to 12 Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft – Some to be brought, some to be leased.
Routes and Networks
- Norse Atlantic Airways lines up its Summer 2023 operation – A cautious start for summer 2023 with its core network
- Avios with your Uber? British Airways and Uber announce a tie-up – Avios with your ride. Providing you’re riding the UK…
- Elizabeth Line services commence through-running – From three different operating segments down to two – through running and seven-day operation now starts for the Purple Line
I’m pondering things at the moment as things are… more than a little complex at home, to the point where I might be travelling sooner rather than later to use a vent.
But I’ll be continuing in the meantime with the Chicago trip report, as well as the usual coverage of passenger experience, route and networks, as well as other things that catch my eye.
Until then, stay safe and happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.