We’re now into the dark winter, with the Christmas decorations packed away, the fairy lights off and the grind of day-to-day life returning. However, there are always light points – such as this.
Welcome to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Winter sun between rain storms – Leamington Spa.
Geneva Trip Report
Well, it was a little bit of a rush to end this report (mainly as I wanted it out of the way), but it is all done now. Enjoy the adventure!
- A Morning Walk Around a Quiet City
- Back to Geneva Airport
- EasyJet EZS1493 Geneva to Birmingham
- To the Coffee Shop. Or Maybe Not…
- To New and Old Adventures
- Geven delivers its SuperEco seat to MYAirline – The first delivery of seats to the Malaysian startup.
- Delta to start offering “free” inflight Wi-Fi… – What price is “free”? Hint. If you’re not paying for the product, you are the product.
- British Airways Unveils its New Uniform – Is it primary blue? What do you think?
Routes and Networks
- British Airways to expand its Gatwick operation with five new routes – Arise, BA Euroflyer.
- Cathay Pacific to increase capacity to Mainland China – The ramp-up begins
- JetBlue to add a daytime New York JFK – London Heathrow rotation – The anti-jetlag flight from the USA to London?
Sustainability in the Air
- Brussels Airlines starts taking delivery of Sustainable Air Fuel – All down a NATO fuel line
We’ve had a busy week of strikes, with services only due to start returning to normal tomorrow (Sunday). Be warned, it’s still strike season, and everyone is unhappy right now.
- Another week of UK Rail Strikes
- REMINDER: ASLEF strike impacting UK rail services *TODAY* (5th January)
With the trip report done, we’re back to our usual coverage of things in the world, be it strikes, passenger experience, new aircraft orders and other things that catch my eye.
There are also a few things that are going on in my world, that will be affecting the blog. I’ll be able to say more about it next week, but things could be very different for a few weeks.
Until then, stay safe and happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.