It’s that time of the week when I try and compress multiple posts into a few lines. Yes, it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
High Street, Birmingham, with brighter days coming.
Routes and Networks
It’s been a busy week for route announcements, with airlines seemingly getting ready for a busy summer,
- Emirates to restore A380 service to more routes in the United Kingdom – Welcome Back Birmingham and Glasgow.
- Emirates makes its move for China services – Up to 21 services a week in the airline’s first scale-up.
- Etihad to expand its European footprint with two new destinations – Copenhagen and Dusseldorf to join the network
- easyJet to relaunch services from Southend Airport, as well as additional services for Summer 23 – 11 more routes, with a return to Amsterdam from Southend.
- Finnair continues to expand its Summer 2023 network – Three more short-haul routes to feed into the long-haul network
- Ryanair plans domestic growth out of London – And a lot of it domestic too.
- Korean Air to restart four European Routes – Restoring links, three flights a week at a time.
- LNER Launches new dining options in first class – Some interesting complimentary food in First Class
- Air France prepares to launch its upgraded long-haul travel experience – the first refitted Boeing 777-300ER is out and about.
New Aircraft News
- Delta extends its Airbus A220 order with another 12 aircraft – The fourth follow-on order for Airbus.
- Uzbekistan Airways to order 12 Airbus A320neo family aircraft – And a dozen of new aircraft to add to the order book
Your editor and writer is still out doing his public service at the moment, thus coverage remains a little odd for the next week at least, with some articles having some lag time to publishing (or, as I laughingly call it – a publishing backlog).
But as time allows – we’ll be writing and publishing the headlines you care about… and maybe a few you won’t.
Until then, happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.