It’s that time of the week when I try and compress multiple posts into a few lines. Yes, it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
High Street, Birmingham, with brighter days coming.
Routes and Networks
It’s been a busy week for route announcements, with airlines seemingly getting ready for a busy summer,
- Emirates to restore A380 service to more routes in the United Kingdom – Welcome Back Birmingham and Glasgow.
- Emirates makes its move for China services – Up to 21 services a week in the airline’s first scale-up.
- Etihad to expand its European footprint with two new destinations – Copenhagen and Dusseldorf to join the network
- easyJet to relaunch services from Southend Airport, as well as additional services for Summer 23 – 11 more routes, with a return to Amsterdam from Southend.
- Finnair continues to expand its Summer 2023 network – Three more short-haul routes to feed into the long-haul network
- Ryanair plans domestic growth out of London – And a lot of it domestic too.
- Korean Air to restart four European Routes – Restoring links, three flights a week at a time.
- LNER Launches new dining options in first class – Some interesting complimentary food in First Class
- Air France prepares to launch its upgraded long-haul travel experience – the first refitted Boeing 777-300ER is out and about.
New Aircraft News
- Delta extends its Airbus A220 order with another 12 aircraft – The fourth follow-on order for Airbus.
- Uzbekistan Airways to order 12 Airbus A320neo family aircraft – And a dozen of new aircraft to add to the order book
Your editor and writer is still out doing his public service at the moment, thus coverage remains a little odd for the next week at least, with some articles having some lag time to publishing (or, as I laughingly call it – a publishing backlog).
But as time allows – we’ll be writing and publishing the headlines you care about… and maybe a few you won’t.
Until then, happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates, as well as Mastodon too! You can follow me on Instagram too!
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.
Leave a Reply