It’s the weekend before the Passenger Experience Week in Hamburg, and whilst I do what packing I’m doing for this trip, it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
It’s also been car servicing day. Yay, I suppose.
Things in Kevin land have descended into a farce of sorts. I’m not ready to write about it or talk about it now, but right now, let us say my head is totally in the wrong space when it needs to be in a place where I’m working somewhat hard.
I ask for your patience and understanding next week – expect many errors to be corrected.
New Aircraft news
- ITA Airways takes delivery of its first A330-900neo – It would look interesting with a Lufthansa group logo on it…
- Air Algérie signs for seven wide-body Airbus aircraft – 5 A330neos and 2 A350-1000s
- Czech Airlines to lease four Airbus A220 Aircraft – A Chance at Rebirth
Routes and Networks
- Iberia to move back to Heathrow Terminal 5. – Do the shuffle!
- Norse Atlantic switches to serve Miami – Haven’t I seen this playbook before?
- Virgin Atlantic to add two new routes, along with some fifth-freedoms.- building on leisure traffic
Sustainability in the air
- Qatar Airways to uplift Sustainable Air Fuel from Amsterdam – 5% is better than nothing.
- Singapore Airlines Extends Unlimited Complimentary In-Flight Wi-Fi To Customers In All Cabin Classes – The definition of “free” means in this case, handing over at least your demographics and signing up for their frequent flyer programme
- It’s time for another round of UK train strikes (31st May, 1st June, 2nd June) – Well, you didn’t want to go to the Epsom Derby or FA Cup, did you?
It’s the Passenger Experience Week in Hamburg, starting Monday. We’ll be on the ground, reporting at the Passenger Experience Conference, Aircraft Interiors Expo and the World Travel Catering and Onboard Services Expo with the latest news, releases and passenger innovations that you can hope to see come to a cabin.
Although we will be running at a reduced speed during the event.
If you need to set up an appointment whilst I am at AIX, time is running out, You can find out more on my dedicated Connect @ AIX landing page.
Otherwise, I wish you happy landings and safe travels.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.