It’s Remembrance Weekend in the United Kingdom, as we remember those who have fallen.
And we look back too, in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
We’ve had to change the timings of this as someone has fiddled with when the daily newsletter goes out – it now goes out at 18:00GMT as opposed to Midnight/GMT+1. It’s on my “I’ll get around to looking at it” list as time allows to get this… adjusted. Only Last Week will shift its time slot.
Our usual Airplane Art segment goes out around 20:00 to 23:00GMT as always, because that would involve epic levels of planning that I struggle with. And with the trip report almost ready to go live, all the energies are going there.
The last two Snapshots for my most recent trip.
- Finnair AY10 Chicago O’Hare to Helsinki Vantaa Airport (Economy Class)
- Finnair AY1337 Helsinki Airport to London Heathrow Terminal 3
- Emirates prepares to celebrate Diwali onboard – onboard until the 12th of November
- British Airways prepares food options for Diwali, as well as Thanksgiving – Thanksgiving menu coming soon
- easyJet and Airportr to offer luggage collection, delivery, and door-to-door services – And included if you’re on an easyJet Flexi fare at the right airport…
- Cyprus Airways to deploy AirFi Wireless IFE – Coming to its new Airbus fleet
- Lufthansa to introduce free inflight messaging in Europe – You’ll need a Miles and More or Lufthansa Account to access it free.
New Aircraft News
- ITA Airways takes delivery of their first A321neo – and a configuration that’s a little different to the normal ones…
Routes and Networks
- Iberia signals its Summer 2024 plans – with a focus on Latin America
- Finnair to return to Nagoya, along with plans for Winter 2024 – Yes. Winter 2024 planning opens.
- LNER taps CAF to build new trains for the East Coast Main Line – LNER turns away from Hitachi and goes to CAF for new trains
At the time of writing this, I’ve written a lot of the trip report. I didn’t say it made much sense or it was cohesive though. The images are slowly being pulled together too, so it’s looking good.
Just be warned… this is a big trip report.
As well as that, we’ll be keeping our ears to the ground as the Dubai Air Show kicks off – and I’m sure one or two airlines will want to make a splash with a big order or two.
And as usual, we’ll have our mixture of news, views and headlines with spelling mistakes in them.
Until then, Happy Landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.