It’s that time of the week again when I put links together, run against a deadline and try to make sense of the week.
Yes, it’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Indirect Travel Fun
The first four parts of the trip report are up and running – and I’m amazed I’ve got four parts out this week. More next week.
- Indirect Travel Fun – To Chicago with American Airlines and Finnair
- Early Morning Adventures to London Heathrow
- Lounging Around Heathrow Terminal 3 (Cathay Pacific and American Airlines Lounges)
Dubai Air Show
It’s been a busy week in Dubai – if your name was Boeing. Here are my digest notes of the week… although that Turkish Airlines order never appeared…
- Day 1 – The orders roll in
- Day 2 – More orders trickle in
- Day 3 – A few more orders
- Day 4 – And there’s an Emirates order for Airbus at last
- Jetstar to refresh its Boeing 787 fleet – New seats and more for the 10 Jetstar 787-8s
Routes and Networks
- Air Canada to boost its Asian network from December onwards – And a lot of growth out of Vancouver
- AirJapan to add Seoul to its network – AirJapan will have Seoul.
- Gatwick Airport Train Station to fully reopen on 21st November – with a larger concourse, bigger lifts and escalators
- Heads up: No Elizabeth Line or Heathrow Express on the 25th and 26th of November to Heathrow Airport – This a Piccadilly Line replacement service for next weekend. Enjoy playing sardines.
As the aviation industry calms down after the Dubai Air Show and we go back to the usual mix of middling announcements, it’s coming up to one of the most important travel weekends in the USA – Thanksgiving.
I might have an article or two to help you through the weekend – or at least make it a tiny bit more bearable.
In addition, there are another three parts of the trip report coming out too (and maybe a fourth if I get time… I’m still very much in the “writing this” part, as opposed to the “add photos and publish” part.
I’ll also have my usual mix of views, news, commentary and impolite thoughts.
Until then, happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.