With life returning to some sense of normality to me (there will be a blog post about that soon), my mind now turns to a Chicago trip I have to do.
It’s going to be a short trip, because annoying a new employer after working at a company for a month is never a good idea.
So, I’m back at the old question that comes around when it comes to buying fares. Earn or Burn?
- Earning is always fun. It’ll pull in a minimum 15812 Avios of and 70 Tier Points. Considering I have zero tier points as my year has been reset, this would be a fighting start to the year at least. Or I could book United and begin the battle for Turkish Gold.
- Burning allows access to the better cabins (BA Club World/AA Business Class) for the same cost as earning, but decimates mile miles battle pile. Also, no Tier Poiint earning which could be critical this year.
- Cash and Avios really isn’t an option. Makes something that’s expensive… well.. more expensive at this point in time.
- There’s always the hope of buying World Traveller Plus and hoping there’s Upgrade with Avios space, but that means buying WTP fares – which are not exactly cheap to start with.
- Or I could fly KLM/Delta. Nah. Don’t see that happening :p
So dear readers – Earn or Burn? The comments box is below. I’m sure a lot of you have opinions. Time to let rip! 😉