Well it’s time for another IHG “Big Win” promotion, where everyone gets different customised promos for their accounts.
Big Win Login Screen – bigwin.ihg.com
I got mine, and really – I’m not overly excited to say the least – least of all due to one item that could have big longer terms effects.
Here’s what I got:
- Stay a total of 7 nights and earn 9,200 points (Comparative easy – especially in Europe where 2 nights for 1 are in vogue using IDEX1 ).
- Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and earn 2,000 points (Again, easy)
- Stay at 2 Holiday Inn Express® hotels and earn 8,000 points (Not a bad choice… again, a quick one to do)
- Get the Priority Club Rewards Visa, brought to you by IHG® Rewards Club, use it to book and pay for 1 stay and earn 20,000 points. 18.9% APR Representative (variable)
- Complete 4 of your offers and earn 39,000 points
I don’t have a problem at all with the first three as it’s the main crux of the show, going to hotels and staying a few nights.
I do have a problem however with the 4th one – to get a Priority Club Credit Card just for promotion. And as a Barclays UK customer (who operate the UK version of the credit card), that makes life more difficult as their credit systems are rather tied together.
Whilst 78k of points is useful…. I’m not putting my credit profile on the line just for 59,000 points. I happen to think my credit score is worth more than that. That and credit card churning in the UK isn’t as common as it is in the US for points.
To be honest, it’s not much of a big wig – more of damp squib to me.
What have your big wins been like? Anything interesting… or more damp squibs along the way?