… Not the scammers.
Good afternoon from Notre Dame Cathedral, where I’m soaking up a few rays of light.
However a new breed of people have seemed to infested this city – the scammer.
Here’s a few examples encountered in some of the big tourist areas:
– The ring found on the floor scam and someone offering it to you (Champs Eelysee
– the ball and three cups game near the Effiel Tower
– a new one of sign a petition and donate to our cause (ensuring you speak English first).
– the friendship bracelet scam
– the interesting sight of people who run away when the police turn up with Effiel towers in their hands
And so on. Even at Gare du Nord someone tried to guilt me with the “speak English” scam/beg routine, and also at Notre Dame.
And it does it’s fair share of bringing down a place in my view….
Or as some would say – it leaves a sour taste in my mouth… And I know that taste isn’t down to the Orangina….