For those who are coming into the United Kingdom via Heathrow Airport, and want to get to London, you have the choice of the fast train (Heathrow Express), the slower train (Heathrow Connect) and the London Underground (very slow, but gets you there) to speed you the city.
Heathrow Express train departing Heathrow Terminal 1-2-3, Image GhettoIFE
However, this coming Bank Holiday Weekend in England and Wales, there will one less option to get to London Heathrow on Saturday 23rd August and the Morning of Sunday 24th August, as Heathrow Express services are suspended.
The suspension will affect:
- Heathrow Express services all day Saturday 23rd August and the Morning of 24th August
- Heathrow Connect will only operate between London Paddington and Hayes and Harlington
- Inter-terminal trains will be suspended from 15:50 on Saturday 23rd August
- Heathrow Express services commence from London Paddington at 12:25, from Heathrow at 12:2
- Intra-terminal services will operate every 15 minutes on Sunday
If you’re affected, there’s three routes open to you
- Bus 140 to/from the Heathrow Central Bus Station to Hayes and Harlington, with a connecting Heathrow Connect train
- London Underground direct to London.
- Coach from Victoria Coach station
Engineering work is one of those requirements of the rail network, when people need to travel during a Bank Holiday weekend (and there is a lot going on over this one – see National Rail Enquiries for an overview of what’s shut this weekend)
Either way – allow extra time this weekend if you need to get to and from Heathrow Airport.