Examining the new at Aircraft Interiors Expo 2018 – What you might have missed
- Other airports exist other than Heathrow
- Did I mention I hate suitcases? Off to Birmingham Airport
- FlyBe BE7109 Birmingham to Hamburg
- Into Hamburg
- The IBIS Budget St Pauli
- Aircraft Interiors Expo – A look back at the coverage
- The Crystal Cabin Awards 2018
- Back to Hamburg Airport
- FlyBe BE7110 Hamburg to Birmingham
- Home James
- Innovation is key. Also being prepared
At Aircraft Interiors Expo, there were plenty of announcements, plenty of sales and plenty of things to keep an eye on. I’ve covered a lot of them here, but for your delectation are the majority of what I covered (and there was a lot …. and there’s still bits and bobs still being released).
I’m also going to go by company name – because it’s easier (amazingly!)
Acro Aircraft Seating
- The new Primera Air seats – a deep dive
- The Acro Series 3
- More A380 seating on the A380 upper deck
- The modular-cargo pods for sleep, medical and other uses (press release version and my impressions)
- Airbus A350 – Day and Night – A new pitch on the first class seat?
- Cabinstream IFE – IFE for an ATR
- Examining the NeoClassic and NeoPrestige seats – coming soon for ATR Aircraft
- SpiceJet and Expliseat launch new seats for the Bombardier Q400
Lift by Encore
- The Lift by Encore Boeing 787 Tourist Class seat – the missing step forward?
- Lift by Encore Boeing 737 seat – into the plane
With a daily press conference, Geven announced three customers for variants of the Essenza seat.
- Air Canada signs for Gogo 2Ku for its Bombardier CS300
Iacobucci HF Aerospace
- The ReTrolley – Recycling in the air.
- Immafly to provide inflight technology to enable ancillary services to Pegasus Airlines (not written about)
- The Recaro BL3710: The new standard in short-haul seating?
- China Southern signs for an all-Recaro interior for the A350.
Next: Innovation is important – as The Crystal Cabin Awards proves
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.