Norwegian are expanding its Dublin long haul operation for Summer 2019, with the announcement they are adding Toronto-Hamilton to its network.
The appearance of Toronto-Hamilton is part of the Summer 2019 programme, which increases flights from Ireland to North America. Let’s have a look at the service pattern:
- Toronto-Hamilton – Daily service from 31st March 2019. Lead in price start at €189.
- Providence-Boston – Daily Service during the summer – up from five flights a week. Lead-in prices starts at €129
- New York Stewart International – Double-Daily service. Lead-in prices starts at €129
- New York Stewart International goes to five flights a week from three Lead in prices from €129.
- Providence-Boston – Retains four flights a week. Lead-in prices €129 one way.
- Providence-Boston – Three flights a week Fares from €129 one way.
On the launch of the Summer 2019 routes Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian states:
“We are excited to increase our transatlantic flights next summer to meet demand and continue expanding our presence in Ireland. The market presents a clear opportunity to deliver more high-quality flights at lower fares for consumers on both sides of the Atlantic.
“Norwegian’s expansion continues in summer 2019 with the launch of our first route to Canada, bolstering popular routes and maintaining much-needed direct transatlantic services to maximise choice and flexibility for Irish business and leisure customers.”
Let’s take a further look at the new route – Toronto Hamilton. It’s a fair bit away from Toronto, and it’s location is about halfway between downtown Toronto and Niagara Falls.
For those travelling without car hire, you’ll be relying on a shuttle to get you between the airport and Toronto, or heading into Hamilton for other transit options.
It’s another connection Norwegian are adding to their network, and they have confidence in it with a daily service. How it survives into the winter 2019 timetable will be interesting to see.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.