Exploring Brussels and Leuven – Train vs Plane
In this… comparison.
- A Surreal Weekend Out
- Early Morning Virgin Trains and St Pancras International
- Eurostar ES9116 London St Pancras to Brussels Midi (Standard Premier)
- Crowne Plaza Le Place, Roiger, Brussels
- Enjoying time in Brussels and Leuven
- Off to Trainworld
- Back to Brussels Airport, British Airways Terraces Lounge
- BA399 Brussels National Airport to London Heathrow (Club Europe)
- Heading back to Marylebone, and heading home
- Train vs Plane? Which wins in this round?
With time before meeting up with my friends from Twitter, and after I got some editing done, I headed out with the camera in the hope that local yellow vest protesters weren’t in a mood to bother me.
And I didn’t run into any of them – rather I just walked around
View this post on Instagram
Exploring streets to the Grade Place
Into the Galleries St Hubert
I did have Belgian Fries though.
Bikes or Lime Scooters?
After catching up with my friends from Twitter – we decided to head out of the Brussels bubble, and into Flemish Leuven. A Uber ride later, we were in a much more traditional city/town.
Spot SO PLANE Nik in the phone… 😉
And someone at Leuven town hall wanted to use all the budget up for LED’s
Of course, there are lots of local food to be nibbled… with gluhwein…
And crepes too
As well as some art
And a solider that looked waaaaaaaaaaaay too happy.
With time marching on, we headed back to Central Brussels. The train arrived… and yes – a Belgian train that has graffiti on it. This is more like the Belgium I know and love,
Next: Exploring Trainworld
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.