It’s that time of the week again where I do a bunch of links, add some commentary. Yes. It’s the Last Week wrap up on Economy Class and Beyond.
Let’s dive into the happenings and whyfors this week
New Aircraft News
- Airbus A220 gains ETOPS180 certification – opening up some *very* interesting city pairs – With Transport Canada granting ETOP180 and EASA/FAA working through their certification, the momentum on the A220 continues to build.
- United Airlines tap Boeing for extra aircraft – More Boeing 737 MAX and 777-300ER aircraft are heading over to United Airlines
- The Aer Lingus Rebrand finally happens – And yes. There’s a bucket of white paint on the plane. I’m still in two minds about it to be honest..
- To Fly, To Improve? British Airways firms up improved World Traveller Plus Service – As I do more than my fair share of flying in World Traveller Plus, I’m happy to see improvements in it
- TUI signs Mirus Aircraft Seating for Boeing 767 fleet seat upgrade – Mirus Aircraft Seating gets an order from a second major customer for their Hawk seat.
Routes and Networks
- Finnair adds Sapporo and Punta Cana for Winter 19 – Two low risk new routes for the Finnish Flag Carrier.
- Air France boosts its Summer European Network – Four new destinations lined up for Summer 2019, and four destinations returning to the network.
- Japan becomes a bit more expensive with a new departure tax – Because every traveller loves an extra tax when they travel.
German Airport strikes
When a strike closes down departures at an airport – it’s bad news. At it was indeed for Frankfurt Airport where no passengers could clear security from ground-side to air-side. Other airports had major delays
- German Union Verdi calls for a strike – Major Disruption Ahead
- Lufthansa cancels 500 flights tomorrow
I’m running more than a bit late with my long-term review of the Canon EOS R – mainly as I’m still putting the images to go with the review, as well as tidying some of the content around the review. I’ll hope fully be kicking that off next week.
I’m also working on something that may be of interest to some – and its a photographers/video editors nightmare. How do you store all that data you’ve collected. And it’s a lot more interesting that you possibly think…
Thank you as always for reading this week!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.