It’s been another busy week in the land of aviation – so let’s dive into what happened last week
British Airways Negus returns
Welcome to the last of four retro liveries by British Airways – this time, featuring the design by Negus and Negus
- Celebrating the Return of Negus – British Airways 100
- Airplane Art Special: British Airways Boeing 747-400 “Negus”
- British Airways unveils its new generation “Club Suite” – Coming in July! – Another win for Collins Aerospace, who are making a bespoke version of their SuperDiamond Seat.
- Titan Airways taps Acro Seating for its A321 fleet – 44 seats (22 per frame) of the Acro Series 7 seat for Titan. Good for charters and the odd ACMI hire.
New Aircraft News
- ANA take delivery of their first Airbus A380 – First of Three A380s for ANA
The Business of Aviation
- EasyJet walks away from Alitalia – And if you’re surprised… well… lets say this Alitalia fallout gets more boggling by the day.
Routes and Networks
- Virgin Atlantic announce new London Heathrow to São Paulo route – A very different Atlantic route for Virgin Atlantic. Starts 2020.
Miles and Points
- British Airways offer double Avios on new bookings – Because double Avios are always fun
- FirstGroup orders five Hitachi AT300 Trains for London-Scotland route – A challenger appears on the London to Edinburgh route. But are five car trains long enough?
Widebodies and Short routes
I wrap up my short trip. And if you’re thinking of Madrid on an A350… BA460/BA461 might be the flight numbers to look out for…
Next week on the blog
Things will start shaping up quickly next week, as I’m back on the road for 9 days plus, as I head off on my travels. It’s fast coming up to Aircraft Interiors Expo too, as I ramp up some of the latest news in the airline interiors industry – and why it matters to you.
Until then – Happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.