Well as we celebrate Easter Sunday, it’s time to look back at the happenings on Economy Class and Beyond
Jet Airways suspends services
I didn’t cover this – mainly as other people were covering this a lot better than I ever could. By now, you should be aware that Jet Airways dwindled from a 126 strong fleet to a small number of ATR’s and jets, before suspending services. Whilst the airline is going to attempt to restart services when they get financing in service…. I’ll believe it when I see it.
- Emirates completes Boeing 777-200LR refit and waves goodbye to the 777-300 Classic – Emirates complete their 777-200LR refit… with better business class options compared to the 777-300ER.
- Jin Air to fly Inflight VR onboard – InflightVR gains more customers, and more importantly – more live cabin experiance.
- British Airways drops the Financial Times from its offerings. Virgin Atlantic trolls in… – It seems like British Airways doesn’t like what the FT is writing. No FT – No Comment. Or something like that
New Aircraft news
- Embraer gets type certification for E195-E2 – Another step forward for the E2 family, with two out of the three now certified.
- Air Mauritius takes delivery of its first A330neo – and become the first dual A330neo/A350 operator. Expect to see many more in the future.
- Easter Rail Works in the UK – Whilst airports are mostly trouble free, the same cannot be said on the West Coast Main Line. Says he stuck on full Chiltern Railways service.. Note, the engineering works go on through Monday. And expect them to return on Bank Holiday Monday (6th May)
AIX 19 Deep Dive
I’m continiung my deep dive from Aircraft Interiors Expo, looking at sme of the things that caught my eye, and items that I want to cover in greater detail
- The Acro Series 6LC – Giving good options for the short-haul market
- Examining the Recaro CL6710 Next Generation – refining their Business Class Seat
- SkyWise by Airbus – An answer to ensuring safety critical equipment is in place before flight?
TRIP REPORT: More Pleasure, More Business
You’ve had the snapshots – it’s time for the full fat long form writing part of the review. I’ve settled you in easy this week – next week gets juicy… fast.
- More Business, More Pleasure. To Chicago and Hamburg with American Airlines and British Airways
- More Business, More Pleasure – Two o’clock in the morning. I love this time of day. Honestly.
I’ll be continuing the trip report, as well as items from AIX that caught my eye – includng the connected cabin concept, a dive into the Stela Opal Seat and overhead USB sockets.
Yes. You read that right. Overhead USB charging ports.
Until we catch up – take care!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.