Good morning from the Windy City. It might be midday back in the UK – and that’s good enough an excuse to go back in time to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
But if you’re in UK – ensure you’ve done the time warp as clocks go back one hour to Greenwich Mean Time.
- Choices and Consequences: Why I take the night morning coach to Heathrow – There’s a method to my madness. Honest Gov.
- Lessons in communication. Or 3 hikes between the lounge and Gate 29 is plenty… – The amount of steps I racked up going between the American Airlines Admirals Club and T3 Gate 29 were enough.
- Lufthansa Group to roll out Hand Baggage Only Fares to the whole network – HBO fares arrive across the Lufthansa long haul network. Wonderful…
New Aircraft News
An Airbus-heavy week, with an order and a MoU.
- Czech Airlines signs for Airbus A220 and A321XLR aircraft – More validation for the new additions to the Airbus catalogue
- Spirit Airlines signs a MoU for up to 100 A320neo family aircraft – wait… someone wants to actually buy an A319neo?
Routes and Network
- Ryanair adds Armenia to its network – Another new notch on the Ryanair bed.
- To Cover, To Fly – British Airways continues lease cover capacity – Evolop and Titan Airways to cover for broken aircraft.
- Lufthansa expands Air-Rail connections – Filling in the gap between air and a destination, railways. Who would had thought?
Summer Premium Adventures
We’re back in the air with this trip report this week, as I track from Bangkok to London… the indirect way round.
- QR833 Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport to Hamad International Airport Doha (QSUITES)
- Another Long Doha Layover
- QR175 Hamad International Airport to Oslo (Business Class)
- A return to Oslo Airport
- BA767 Oslo Airport to London Heathrow Terminal 5
We’re almost at the end of Summer Premium Adventures as I track back home and add a few thoughts about my trip. In addition, I’ll have some snapshots from American Airlines flight, a couple of hotels and maybe a long haul flight one of my favourite long haul airlines.
You’ll find out more soon enough. Until then – happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.