It’s time to look back at the week in passenger experience, network changes, as well as other things I’ve noted along the way in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
The Business of Aviation
- IAG announces plans to acquire Air Europa – Breaking on Monday, IAG makes a bold attempt for Spanish Aviation domination.
- Play enters the field – WOW Round 2 is set to kick off (Not covered).
Routes and Networks
- Japan Airlines adds new international routes out of Narita – There’s always Narita to grow out of, if you run out of space at Haneda
- Virgin Atlantic further expands its Manchester hub – More Lesiure Capacity for Manchester in 2002
New Aircraft News
- Cebu Pacific formalises order for A330neo people movers – 460 seat people movers are go for Cebu Pacific.
- Lufthansa “Five Star” service gets a little tarnished – Economy and Premium Economy service set for downgrades – How Five Stars can tarnish when service cuts hit.
- Moving to the Connected Cabin – Recaro’s connected Economy Seat flies with TAP Air Portugal – Installing sensors in seats to learn about the usage of them – and the future development of the cabin.
- British Airways update their Johannesburg Lounge – Another refurbished lounge in the BA network
- Lufthansa Cabin Crew strike is on… (7/8 November). Expect more if the UFO union and Lufthansa cannot settle.
A selection of the snapshots from my recent Chicago Trip. There’s one more to come, then we can kick off the trip report. And there’s plenty to unpack from it.
- American Airlines 99 London Heathrow to Chicago
- Candlewood Suites, Schiller Park for Chicago O’Hare
- Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- Finnair 10 Chicago to Helsinki (Economy Pro)
Providing I get my typing shoes on over the next few days, the Snapshots will all be done and the Chicago Trip Report will be under way. As well as that, I’ll be sniffing around the latest news, the latest in passenger experience and orders.
Until then – happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.