It’s time to look back in the week in aviation in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Fine. Expect Christmas Images over the next few weeks. This one is from the Jewellery Quarter in Central Birmingham, who have arranged some LED’s into a Diamond Ring.
The Business of Aviation
- Berlin Airport: Opening date set of 31st October 2020… – I’m not convinced. At all.
- Five Days to Save Hong Kong Airlines – It’s time to pump more money in, or its curtains time.
- Virgin Group to retain 51% control of Virgin Atlantic – Air France-KLM sale called off – Virgin Atlantic remains 51% of Richard Branson’s baby
- Norwegian’s Argentinian branch – sold to JetSmart – Don’t cry for me Argentina…
- It’s time to Change – Shuffles at the top at United Airlines as Oscar Munoz prepares to leave the CEO post – Happy Landings Oscar!
- Condor ditches the Sunny heart, reinstates its traditional Logo – The traditional Condor takes back to the sky.
- Air New Zealand goes for fitness in the air with Les Mills – Wellness in the air seems be the next big thing still…
New aircraft news
- United Airlines orders orders its 757 replacement. Welcome Airbus A321XLR – Something that will sting in the plan for the Boeing Middle of the Market aircraft, to say the least
- TAP Air Portugal removes last old interior A330 – And more new aircraft due in the future too.
Avanti my son!
With Avanti West Coast taking the reigns of the West Coast Main Line today, it’s been busy in the run up to launch.
- Avanti West Coast Launching on Sunday – What You Need to Know
- Avanti West Coast orders new trains from Hitachi
Taking the longer way home
The trip report moves in the air, checking in the passenger experience on route.
- The Art Institute, Chicago
- Back to O’Hare, Air France/KLM Lounge
- Finnair AY10 Chicago O’Hare to Helsinki (Economy Pro)
- A Helsinki Layover
It’s my birthday on Monday, so the blog will be on automatic unless I feel the urge to publish. However, there’s still a trip report to finish up
Oh yes. I might have organised myself a mad birthday outing next week.
Where to? One hint.
Until then, happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.