It’s been another whirlwind of a week. Let’s look at some of the headlines from it in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
Put your mask on before boarding
- KLM to make face masks mandatory and scale up its network – Live from Monday 11th, with a fleet operation increase
- Air France to make face masks compulsory from 11th May – But at least theirs are fashionable
- Manchester Airport, Stansted Airport and East Midlands Airports will require passengers to wear masks and Gloves – Three major airports require both Gloves and Face Masks to be worn
Fleet and Crew cuts
- A smaller Virgin Atlantic future – major cuts ahead – With 3150 jobs on the line and the Boeing 747-400 & A330-200 fleet gone.
- Air Canada to slash its fleet by 79 aircraft – With the A319, Boeing 767 and Embraer E-190 fleets to exit
The Business of Aviation
- Delta and LATAM sign their join venture agreement – As LATAM Exits oneworld, it starts its its Joint Venture with Delta.
There’s still plenty of turbulence ahead, with airlines adjusting to life and the planned changes to entry into the United Kingdom. We’ll be keeping an eye on things and reporting as we always do
Until then, stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.