Another week in partial lockdown and there are signs of life out there. Let’s see what’s been happening in the world in Economy Class and Beyond.
Networks start waking up
It seems that airlines are waking up, as is the world – and travel is back on the agenda, with airlines preparing for a service ramp-up in June.
- Lufthansa prepares to scale up its network
- Ryanair to scale up 40% of its network from July
- Emirates prepares to scale up its schedule operation
- Lufthansa Group details its network restart plan
Wear during flight
Face masks seem to be more and more common and airlines are reacting.
- New Crossrail trains cleared for use at Heathrow Airport – The Class 345 next destination? Heathrow.
- Travelling by train? Some Long distance rail travel will REQUIRE reservations – if you’re planning on travelling with LNER or Avanti West Coast, plan ahead.
- Delta to withdraw its Boeing 777 fleet – in a surprise move, Delta is to withdraw its Boeing 777-200ER and 777-200LR fleet
- Avianca files for Bankruptcy Protection – Avianca is teetering on the edge… can it survive?
With the aviation sector slowly waking up in Europe and beyond, there’s going to be more headlines as the world slowly decides to move again… and how it wants to do it.
For now, stay safe
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.