We’ve passed mid-summer in the Northern Hemisphere (or mid-winter in the southern), and it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Wear a ****** face cover!
- Ola UK to require passengers wear face coverings – Ola joins Uber in requiring face coverings to be worn when using them
- Face Coverings REQUIRED on UK Public Transport from TODAY (15th June) – And required on all public transport in England
- US Airlines to tighten face mask usage, threatens “suspension of flight privileges” – Airlines For America get mad. Quickly
- Avanti West Coast adds a face covering on their trains… to remind you to wear yours – Masks are needed on trains. Slap a mask on a train too.
- Air France to resume up to 80% of its network – Whilst capacity is down, Air France is still planning to resume a lot of its network
- Etihad prepares for July network restart – Etihad is reading to welcome to the world back via Abu Dhabi International
- Norwegian to move forward Europe, UK to Scandinavia network restarts – For an airline that said they wouldn’t be flying in Europe until 2021, they’re moving ahead with flights into the region from early July
- London City Airport prepares to reopen for public use – It’s going to be a slow part, but the airport in London is preparing to receive passengers again.
- Emirates add an extra ten destinations to its network – Even Emirates are starting to flex their long-haul muscles properly, adding additional long haul routes
- LEVEL Europe files for bankruptcy – The Austrian subsidiary of Vueling (itself a subsidiary of IAG) files for bankruptcy.
- LATAM Argentina closes down too (not covered)
- Travel Technology: H96 MAX TV streaming box – some more travel technology for those stuck at home and have more than their fair share of time to watch videos of travel.
Recovery seems to be the order of the week as countries continue to open up and networks begin to take root. Only time will tell if the growth is sustainable. We’ll be here, keeping an eye on things and reporting on useful nuggets of news.
Until then – stay safe!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.