It’s Sunday again, I’m in bits and my city is heading into a local lockdown. It must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Note: More Sarcasm than normal this week.
UK FCDO/Government twiddles with isolating regions whilst the aviation industry burns
It seems that the UK Government has discovered it is possible to target a region, whilst going “LA-LA-LA-AIRPORT TESTING CAN’T HEAR YOU LA-LA-LA”.
- UK Government discovers it is possible to isolate people coming back from regions as opposed to whole countries
- UK updates its Travel Corridor Lists – Four Countries Removed, One Added
Birmingham to go into Lockdown
- New social mixing rules from the 15th of September (BBC News). I haven’t covered this… as… well… *sigh*…
Substantiality in the air
- Air France to switch over to Electric-Powered ramp equipment – It’s not just aircraft that produce carbon dioxide – ground support vehicles do too.
Routes and Networks
- Finnair announces major cuts to its flying programme – From 200 flight a week down to 80.
- Singapore Airlines prepares October/November timetable changes – An increase from 8% to 11%.
IFE and Connectivity
- OWG selects BlueBox as their IFE provider – Off We Good chooses BlueBox Aviation’s BlueBox Wow IFE server
- Qatar Airways rolls out its 100th GX Aviation equipped aircraft – Connecting people in the air at this maddening time
New Aircraft news
- Starlux to lease eight Airbus A330neo aircraft – Someone got a bargain at the Airbus shoppe…
Business of Aviation
- Alitalia gains European Commission support on €200 million bailout – It… just… won’t… die…
With aviation in the slumps again, it’ll be interesting to see if governments around the world get off their backsides to try to implement testing at airports, or if it is happy to let the industry burn still. On top of that, I’ll be covering the usual route re-launches and anything else that grabs my attention.
Until then, stay safe, wear a mask and be confused by government advice.
… like the rest of us.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.