If you’re going via Dubai, Emirates and flydubai have rolled out an offer for its frequent flyers – Double Tier Miles.
The offer for Emirates Skywards members will help you fast-track to higher tier status. Members can automatically earn double Tier Miles on all Emirates and flydubai flights booked from 1 April until 30 June, for travel between 1 April and 30 December 2021
If you want to take part you will either need to be an existing Emirates Skywards members or join as a new member of Skywards before 30 June 2021. Members can now move up tiers faster and unlock an extensive range of benefits and rewards.
The offer applies to any ticket, regardless of fare type, purchased on Emirates or flydubai during the offer period – helping members quickly earn sufficient Tier Miles to bump up one tier status higher. For example, an Emirates Skywards Blue tier member can upgrade to an Emirates Skywards Silver tier member, and an Emirates Skywards Silver tier member can upgrade to an Emirates Skywards Gold tier member.
The full terms and conditions are at https://www.emirates.com/ae/english/special-offers/keep-or-upgrade-your-tier/, but the ones to bear in mind are:
- Booked on Emirates or flydubai stock (Emirates 176, flydubai 141/169)
- purchased via emirates.com, Emirates App, flydubai.com, flydubai App, Emirates Retail or Contact Centres, or via a travel agent
- Cash+Miles tickets are not eligible for this offer
- The tickets can be in the following fare types sold:
- on Emirates: Special, Saver, Flex or Flex Plus in either Economy Class, Business Class or First Class
- on flydubai: Lite, Value or Flex in Economy Class and Business in Business Class
- Valid flights include an Emirates marketed flight with EK designator, operated by Emirates or flydubai or a flydubai marketed flight with FZ designator, operated by flydubai or Emirates. All other codeshare and interline flights are excluded
If you can travel, it could be an excellent way to boost status
Double Tier point promotions are useful for those whose travel habits will increase and want the creature comforts of status. With parts of the world opening up, Emirates is hoping that a double tier points offer will entice its passengers to travel.
With a long booking window, combined with an even longer travel window, for those who need to qualify for the higher Skywards statuses it could represent reasonable value if you’re expecting your travel to increase during 2021 and 2022.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.