We’re into the first long bank holiday weekend in the UK – but even then, it’s still time to look at what I covered in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Routes and Networks
- British Airways adds four more European routes – Off to Eastern Europe with BA
- Finnair outlines its Summer 2021 operations – with two more routes to North America – Chicago and LA return to the Finnair Summer network
- Ryanair to open a new base in Riga – 16 new routes out of Riga soon
- Farewell Dixons Travel… – A mixture of disappearing tax breaks and customers did not help here…
- ANA to install hands-free toilet door handles – Who needs hands to open a door?
KLM 737-800 upgrade
KLM have been busy getting their 737 upgrade programme out. Let’s explore the final steps
- Pulling it together – The KLM Boeing 737-800 upgrade – The complete Boeing 737-800 refurbishment
- KLM deploy their first ViaSat equipped Boeing 737-800s – ViaSat to provide onboard connectivity.
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – Remember, specify the right version of it if you buy one.
I’m keeping a close eye on the travel situation for England and Wales as the new travel corridors/travel bands open up. There are still a lot of unknowns to be addresed (such as what countries will be on the list).
We’ll also be keeping an eye on the routes, networks and passenger experience news.
Until then, stay safe!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.