Air Canada has announced a sheet-load of routes it is intending to restart. Let us dive in and see where the red Maple Leaf can take you
The airline plans to resume 17 routes and 11 destinations across the world from its hubs. The airline is resuming its service between Calgary and Frankfurt, as of 1st August , up to four times weekly. It is also offering a new route between Montreal to Cairo, Egypt, three times weekly.
Summer 2021 schedule additional flights
- Calgary-Frankfurt, Up to four times weekly, restarts 1st August 2021
- Toronto-Vienna, three times weekly, restarts July 21, 2021
- Toronto-Dublin, three times weekly, restarts 1st August 2021
- Toronto-Paris, Up to five times weekly, restarts 2nd August 2021
- Toronto-Zurich – four times weekly, restarts 3rd August 2021
- Montreal-Geneva – three times weekly, restarts 22nd July 2021
- Montreal-Tel Aviv – two times weekly, restarts 1st August 2021
- Montreal-London Heathrow – up to four times weekly, restarts 3rd August 2021
The airline has already restarted services to various destinations. they include:
- Toronto-Athens – Up to five times weekly in August
- Toronto-Dubai – three times weekly
- Toronto-Rome – Up to four times weekly
- Toronto-Lisbon-Up to three times weekly
- Montreal-Athens – Up to five times weekly in August
- Montreal-Casablanca – Up to five times weekly in August
- Montreal-Rome – Up to three times weekly
- Montreal-Lisbon – two times weekly
- Vancouver-London – two times weekly
The airline also has other routes for its customers, including Brussels, Bogotá, Doha, Hong Kong, Seoul, Shanghai and Tokyo. You of course will need to check the timetable and if you are allowed to enter the territory.
Mark Galardo, Senior Vice President, Network Planning and Revenue Management at Air Canada said
“As travel restrictions ease across the globe, we are committed to rebuild our international network and continue as a global carrier to connect Canada to the world, while also developing additional markets and targeting new opportunities. Canadians are eager to travel again, and we are ready to reunite customers with their families and friends. With vaccination rates globally increasing and our industry-leading CleanCare+ bio-safety protocols, Air Canada has your health and safety as its top priority,”
“We are pleased to restart our non-stop service between Calgary and Frankfurt, a key European market for our customers in Western Canada. This route will operate all year long, connecting Calgary to the world via the global hub of our trans Atlantic joint venture partner, Lufthansa, in Frankfurt. We are also considering additional routes as restrictions continue to loosen”
Rebuilding the network
The moves here are light at best – what was a daily service is restarting as variable frequency – as people are still pondering if to travel.
But its a sign that the Air Canada network is slowly building back up again, reconnecting the country to the world. Just with a lot more tests and paperwork.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world