It’s Sunday again, so it must be time to look back at some of the week’s events in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Travel Trials and Changes
- England Amber List Changes: Vaccinated Travellers no longer need to quarantine from 19th July!
- Heathrow Airport, with British Airways and Virgin Atlantic to launch “Proof of Vaccination” trials – Certain flights will have a fast lane for them to use on arrival at Heathrow
- Japan Airlines introduces “Sky Wellness Kitchen” with TANITA Cafe – Innovation continues to be the name of the game for JAL’s second meal service
- Air France seeks to boost its “La Première” offering, working with triple Michelin-Stared Chef “Arnaud Donckele” – If you’re in La Première, enjoy it…
Routes and Networks
- Heathrow Terminal 3 to reopen fully – Virgin and Delta to move back home – Heathrow operations edge towards normality
- Finnair adds long haul routes out of Stockholm – It seems Finnair is picking a fight on SAS’s home turf…
- Virgin Atlantic to add capacity between the UK and the Caribbean – A350-1000s to the Caribbean, along with capacity boosts elsewhere.
- Air Canada edges closer to restoring International operations – More routes coming back
It’s back to normal in Economy Class and Beyond land, as I plot an escape from the UK after the 19th of July. On top of my plotting to escape, I’ll be continuing the coverage of the latest travel changes, as well as routes, networks, passenger experience news and anything else that catches my eye.
Until then, Be Seeing You…
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world