It’s Sunday again, so it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
A new normal for me – Chromebook (on the test bench at the minute), Americano with Almond Milk and Crutches (now with padding). I’m slowly recovering, but the road is long for this one. Longer than I’d like, but that’s life.
The first batch of snapshots for the Stuttgart trip is out. There are some gems, with the full trip report in full writing flight at the moment. Put it like this, I’m doing my darndest to break Grammarly at the moment.
- British Airways 920 London Heathrow to Stuttgart (Club Europe)
- Novum Hotel Rieker Stuttgart Hauptbahnhof
- qubixx stadtmittehotel, Schwäbisch Hall
Routes and Networks
- Emirates continues its Airbus A380 network scale-up – The return of the WhaleJet!
- Emirates to add London Gatwick back to its network – Life does exist south of the river, no matter what a London Taxi Driver tells you.
- Aer Lingus to increase flights out of Belfast City Airport – More coverage out of Belfast City Airport, as Ryanair packs its toys and heads out.
New Aircraft News
- Air France takes delivery of their first Airbus A220-300 – The A220-300 finally shows up at Air France, with the first routes confirmed. Shake in fear Airbus A318, A319 and even some A320s…
- ANA expands its special meals options – if you’re not a fan of normal meal options, or have a restricted diet ANA has some interesting meal options for those travelling out of Japan.
- Air New Zealand to institute “No Jab, No Fly” policy for International Travel –
- Southeastern Railway to return to Government control – It’s amazing what happens when £25 million goes oddly, with Govia not getting a franchise renewal.
I’m trying to drag things back to normal, but like me on crutches, it is a case of one step at a time, let alone one day at a time. Next week, I have a couple of outstanding snapshots (and hopefully that will give me time to get some more of the trip report written, as well as a few other bits I have on my backlog… and I’m almost happy to say the backlog is growing).
On top of that, I’ll be covering my usual mix of passenger experience, route news, awful quotes and things that keep me amused.
Until then – don’t trip over on a road and stay safe out there.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.