We’re barreling through October at a rate of knots – and we’re at the end of another week again. Time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
I should be here this weekend rather than in the UK. However, a healing leg and restricted immigration rules have put paid to that for now – Millenium Park, Chicago IL.
UK Government Entry Restriction changes
Some big changes to the entry protocols to the United Kingdom this week, as well as a major upcoming change to the Red List.
- New UK entry changes go live – Goodbye Red/Amber/Green, Hello Red/Rest of the World…
- UK “Red List” to shrink to seven countries – with 47 counties coming off the list.
Singapore Vaccinated Traveller lanes expand
- Singapore to open Vaccinated Travel Lanes to eight more Countries – Check the countries, as well as the entry criteria.
More snapshots from my recent adventure. And yes, the trip report is in full production and writing mode. No one escapes a trip report. 😉
New Aircraft News
- Lufthansa to lease a further four Airbus A350-900– More new aircraft for Lufthansa (leased of course).
- Jet2 adds an additional 15 Airbus A321neo to its order– Jet2 strays further away from Boeing, into the arms of Airbus.
- Air Belgium takes delivery of its first Airbus A330neo– The first of two for Air Belgium.
- Air Dolomiti selects Geven seating for its Embraer fleet retrofit – Another win for Geven, fitting their Essenza RJ seat.
Routes and Networks
- Aer Lingus to return to Newark and Orlando – As well as further European network growth, rebuilding some important trunk routes.
- Return of the WhaleJet – British Airways to bring back the Airbus A380 – Four A380s are coming back to the BA Fleet.
- WestJet to add Toronto to Dublin route – Well, A Boeing 737 MAX is one way of crossing the pond.
As most of you can guess, the trip report is in production at the moment, with a lot of coffee and creative writing going into it (as well as sifting through the photos). There are still a few things in the backlog which are nearing completion too (once I’ve done some photos and stuff to go with it).
On top of that, I’ll be covering my usual mix of the route and network news, madcap government schemes, seating, new aircraft updates and anything else that grabs my eye.
Until then, stay safe out there.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.