We’ve got a date when the updated entry regulations for entering the UK go live.
And it’s 4 am Tuesday 30th November.
The text says:
From 04:00 Tuesday 30 November 2021 testing and isolation requirements will change for all arrivals into the UK.
If you are arriving into the UK after 04:00 Tuesday 30 November 2021 then please return to complete your Passenger Locator Form after 04:00 Monday 29 November as the system is currently being updated.
If you are arriving into the UK before 04:00 Tuesday 30 November 2021 please continue to complete your Passenger Locator Form now.
After 04:00 Tuesday 30 November 2021 lateral flow tests will no longer be accepted and all travellers arriving into UK will be required to book and take COVID-19 PCR tests.
The date was announced on the Passenger Locator form https://provide-journey-contact-details.homeoffice.gov.uk/passengerLocatorFormUserAccountHolderQuestion, as systems are being updated.
In addition, there is the government paperwork that needs to be completed to allow this to happen. But if it’s on the form… take it as read the new requirements are ready to go live.
Face covering requirements in England from 30th November too.
The requirement to wear face coverings on public transport and in shops will also be reintroduced on the 30th November. Pubs and Restaurants will be exempt from this.
In other news
- Israel is to close its borders to all non-citizens
- The Netherlands is tightening its lockdown, requiring venues to close early.
- Spain will require arrivals from the United Kingdom to be double vaccinated
- The USA has banned travellers who have been to the following countries in the past 14 days – Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- Emirates has suspended flights to South Africa (Johannesburg, Durban Cape Town), Zimbabwe (Harare) and Zambia (Lusaka), whilst the UAE has placed restrictions on inbound travellers from Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia South Africa and Zimbabwe.
- Qatar Airways has also placed restrictions, with flights from seven destinations, Luanda (LAD), Angola; Maputo (MPM), Mozambique; Johannesburg (JNB), Capetown (CPT), Durban (DUR), South Africa; Lusaka (LUN), Zambia; and Harare (HRE), Zimbabwe, will not be accepted for travel until further notice.
Its fluid – to put it mildly
The situation is very fluid as the world reacts to omicron and its impact – and the travel ramifications could be massive.
For now, if you have travel plans in your future, keep an eye on the news feeds, the countries immigration requirements and what entry requirements you will need to meet to return home.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.