It’s the end of the week again as we creep closer towards the end of the year, so it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
The helter-skelter in the middle of the city – St Peters Square (Pidgeon Park), Birmingham
TRIP REPORT – Fall fun in the Windy City.
We’re past the halfway point of this trip report. I’ve had to reorganise how this trip report works for now, but we should be on track again next week. Maybe.
Avios and Uber
- HOWTO: Link Your Uber and British Airways Accounts together to earn Avios on rides (and more!) – And the points show up straight away. Which is nice.
- British Airways to launch a new biometric’s trial – Face On to board your aircraft. Just don’t lose your passport…
New Aircraft news
- Azul orders three Airbus A330-900neo aircraft to expand operations – Growing out its Airbus long haul fleet
The Business of Aviation
- UK Competition regulators wade into Asiana and Korean Air merger – Little Britain goes all aviation.
Routes and Networks
- JetBlue is off to Paris in 2023 -C’est Blue Dah dah dee dah dah dah
- British Airways adds Cincinnati for its 2023 network – Well, that’s a little unexpected. Route Aid is such a wonderful thing
- Virgin Atlantic plans new sun routes to the Maldives and Turks & Caicos – More capacity for winter sun, but don’t expect flights to be cheap
- Air Serbia to add Chicago to its network – Back to the Windy City after 30 years
I’m planning a little sanity trip at the moment as things in the real world are… yeah. I need a little sanity, as next year is turning into a hot mess of epic proportions. But there are a few other things in the planning boot too.
On top of that, I’ll be continuing the usual mixture of news, views and also the trip report, which might see another three chapters coming out next week.
Until then, Happy Landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.