The Last Push! The Final 700 Tier Points to BA Gold!
Boating around the Bay
- Why do I do this to myself? (The introduction)
- Off to Birmingham Airport, Air France AF1656 to Paris CDG
- Ibis Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport
- A Rushed Check in, AA Lounge
- AA45 Paris CDG to New York JFK
- A Delayed Transit, AA85 New York JFK to San Francisco International
- Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
- Intercontinental Mark Hopkins
- One Time Special – Around the Bay and Under the bridge
- Two Time Special – 3 and a half miles. Across the Golden Gate Bridge and back
- Escaping San Francisco to the Crowne Plaza
- Early Morning San Francisco Airport, AA24 San Francisco to New York JFK
- A Dash Across Manhattan and NJ, Newark Airport
- BA Galleries Lounge, EC8004 OpenSkies Newark Airport to Paris Orly West
- Paris. City of Dreams, Romance and Pickpockets?
- Eurostar 9013 Paris Gare du Nord to London St Pancras, Chiltern Railways London Marylebone to Birmingham Snow Hill
- 700TP: Job Done
After walking down the Nob Hill and onto Market Street, I was a complete tourist and caught the F Line to Pier 39.
I can never escape my home city it seems (ok, ok… our trams are less reliable than there’s… and its a totally different Birmingham… :p)
Why? Because I’ve never been. And yes, it there solely to empty your wallet with various attractions and shops.
And Sea Lions. Obviously.
As I was leaving, I noticed a tourist boat was about to head off for a trip around the bay. I could had done a cheap trip to Sausalito or Larkspur, but I fancied the tourist thing. So I ponied up for a trip.
San Francisco Bay Cruise, Blue and Gold Line
Ok, I’ll say this from the off – the commentary was pants. I couldn’t hear it half the time. The other half it was just about barely audible.
But that didn’t matter to be honest. The cruise was a simple one, taking a loop from Pier 39, out towards and under the Golden Gate Bridge, then towards Alcatraz Island, before looping back towards San Francisco and Pier 39.
And from here on in, I’ll let the photos do the dirty work.
Never thought I’d be spotting birds whilst on a holiday…
Overall: Let’s be honest, you’re not paying for the commentary, you’re paying for a view that someone takes you to and back. Whilst $28 is pretty on the high-end, I felt like I got some reasonable value from the trip, with a reasonably paced trip around the local Bay area.
With that done, I cheated and had dinner at somewhere I shouldn’t have.. and slowly made my way back to the IC to do…. other things.