It’s been a busy week at Economy Class and Beyond (to put it bluntly!). I’ve been out and about, on flying labs and the APEX Expo. And a lot has gone on this week, with lots of announcements and some interesting routing and mileage opportunities – as well as things that’ll impact you in the coming year.
Here’s your handy cut-out-and-keep guide to what we covered in the last week!
- American Airlines drop Bose for Bang and Olfson. The reason maybe rather shocking for some….
- Aer Lingus to rebrand. New Uniforms and a new paint job coming! … and 20mb of free wi-fi…
- The Airbus A220 Mockup – Examining the supplier furnished A220… and why the middle seat remains one of the best seats in the house…
- Stelia Aerospace and SkyLights team up for an immersive VR experience… but is it any good?
New aircraft news
- La Compagnie lines up its Airbus A321neos with Viasat Wi-Fi
- Airbus A330-900neo – Certified by EASA
- Lufthansa group goes shopping – comes out with more A320 family aircraft
In Flight Connectivity and IFE
- AeroMexico signs ViaSat for connectivity aboard its Boeing 737 MAX Aircraft
- Thales Avant IFE to fly on the net set of American Airlines Boeing 787 aircraft
- Two wins for Pansonic Avionics, with EgyptAir and Uzbekistan Airways
- Air France Launches it’s Wi-Fi service- Air France Connect with Gogo 2Ku
Routes and Networks
Miles and Points
Next week, I’ll be resuming my San Francisco trip report, as well as having some snapshots out from the recent Lufthansa flights I flew – and contining coverage from Apex with interviews I had… and there are more than a few surprises!
As always, thank you for reading!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.