It’s been another week of headlines dominated by how Covid-19 is impacting the aviation industry.
Let’s take a look in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
The UK Goes into Lockdown
- UK Goes into Lockdown – The UK went into lockdown on Monday evening for three weeks.
Emirates and Etihad suspend services
If there’s been a confusing shutdown, Emirates and Etihad showed it, with the airlines first suspending their networks, then not, then finally suspending them a day early.
Terminals Close down around the world
With the passengers vanishing around the world, airport terminal are closing up, or being repurposed.
- Dubai International Airport closes its doors to regular traffic
- London City Airport closes its doors to commercial and private aviation for now
- Gatwick Airport reduces runway operating hours, closes North Terminal
- American Airlines Shutters its lounges – No being social in lounges any more…
- Lufthansa to offer more social distancing on flights – Or on an aircraft
- Singapore Airlines prepares to cut 96% of its network – With Singapore closing its borders, its airline reacts
- Thai Airways to cut its network – The airline slice up its international network.
- Air Asia moves to ground the majority of its fleet – Even the mighty Air Asia can’t ride this out with the airline shuttering the majority of its network
Whilst the aviation industry – like a lot of industries remain in paralysis thanks to Covid-19/Coronavirus/Human Malware, we’ll continue to monitor, to look for signs of improvement and hope for light at the end of this virus-laden tunnel.
Until then, stay two metres apart and wash your hands.
And stay safe.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.