It’s that time of the week again, where I take a look at the week in the news I covered. Welcome to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Greetings from Wyre Piddle, Worcestershire. (Yes, it is a real place).
Safety in the air
- Etihad introduces new faces coverings for premium passengers (it’s a Snood) – Snoods are a thing with Etihad as a face covering
- Alaska Airlines doubles-down on face-covering requirements – No Mask, No Travel, No Exceptions is Alaska Airlines line.
- Porter Airlines extend its grounding to 7th October – Porter Airways continues to sit on the ground.
- Brussels Airlines aligns its fares with Lufthansa Group – It’s almost like Brussels Airlines is playing by Lufthansa Groups rules…
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020: Now with VR! – And also on Steam too.
Domestic and International Rail Travel
- Hull Trains plans network restart –
- Club Eurostar makes changes (and you’re not going to like them…)
New aircraft news
News I didn’t cover
- British Airways follows through with its plan to cut its workforce, issuing redundancy notices.
- Virgin Atlantic files for Chapter 15 bankruptcy protection in the USA
- Virgin Australia to become a Boeing 737 only airline, whilst shuttering TigerAir Australia
- Air India Express Flight 1134 skidded off the runway at Calicut International Airport
- The UK imposes quarantine restrictions on arrivals from Belgium, Andorra, and The Bahamas
My travels in Worcestershire have come to an end and I’m based back in Birmingham for my day-to-day life. Meanwhile, I’ll be here covering the headlines as the summer season progresses.
Until then, stay safe.
And please wear a mask when out and about.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.