It’s that time of the week again, where I’m in a hotel room in Frankfurt typing this out the night before this goes live… because I’ll be flying when this goes live.
Welcome to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
So, you’ve worked out I’m in Frankfurt. Its been a hell of two weeks, with me having to sink or swim in the office and stressed out of my tree – hence I’ve had either little time to type, or have been going home and collapsing in bed. And I get to do it all again on Monday. Woo hoo.
UK Travel Corridor Updates
- UK Travel Corridors: More open up (Singapore and Thailand), some close (Slovenia and Guadeloupe) -I Wonder some days where old airline route dartboards end up. I think they’ve been all moved to Whitehall…
I finally got my ass in the air after two hundred and eight days. 280 days…
Routes and Networks
- Emirates to add Moscow and Casablanca back to its network – two more destinations to return.
- Aer Lingus restores regional connectivity between Belfast and Birmingham/Manchester – filling in some UK regional gaps
- Emirates to scale up its Moscow service – enter the A380! – and scaled up to an A380
- Virgin Atlantic confirms Pakistan route launch and timings -tickets on sale – Let the games to Pakistan begin
New aircraft news
- First ATR72-600F takes to the sky – A dedicated Turboprop freighter from ATR.
- Southern and Gatwick Express trains to get updates – some quality of life updates
I’m back in the UK faster than I can say “well that was a short trip”. As the human malware continues to tighten its hold, airlines will start to ponder what they do next with their operations. We’ll be keeping an eye as things continue to adjust.
I’ll also have some more snapshots over the next few days, as well as the full-blown trip report.
But for now… stay safe and wear a mask.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.